Awards have been created in the following categories:
Consumer Participation Award
Honours a consumer who has participated and contributed time and energy to promote and advocate for mental health services.
Outstanding Staff Award
Acknowledges the exemplary efforts of a CMHA staff person in Ontario.
Outstanding Volunteer Service Award
Commends a deserving volunteer who has acted with responsibility, enthusiasm, vision, and integrity in the service of CMHA.
Honours those in the media who have made outstanding contributions to the coverage of mental health issues.
Work and Well-Being Award
Identifies an organization that has demonstrated the promotion of mental health in the workplace and co-operation between employees and community agents within the workplace.
Special Recognition Award
Acknowledges the special contribution of an individual or organization who exemplifies the vision and mission of CMHA.
Only CMHA Ontario or branch staff, board members, or volunteers may make nominations. If you would like to nominate someone in your community please contact your local branch.
Criteria for Awards
- Nominees must have contributed to the important work of enhancing mental health for the people of Ontario.
- Previously nominated names may be included.
- Responses can be handwritten or typewritten. If you have more to say than the space provided on the form, try to confine your nomination to one page. Typewritten or electronic nominations preferred. Please ensure that your nomination is legible if handwritten. Additional or supporting material can be attached, but is not a requirement. Attach any supporting material or additional information if you feel it will help the Awards Committee with its decision.
- Awards will be presented in Toronto, Ontario, in conjunction with the CMHA Ontario Annual General Meeting.
- Please try to limit your answers and be as concise as possible.
- Recipient will be chosen based on reponses to the questions for each appropriate award.
- All nominations will be confidential and only winners will be notified.
For More Information
416-977-5580 ext. 4134