Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp) Training. October 10 and 24, 2014
October 10 AND 24, 2014
Venue: The Royal
1145 Carling Ave
Organizer: The Royal
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY FOR PSYCHOSIS
Part 1: Empowering our Clients who Experience Psychosis
Note: Part 2 will be held in the spring of 2015
Location: The Royal, 1145 Carling Ave, Ottawa
Date: Friday, October 10th from 9:00am – 4:00pm in Classroom 1425; AND
Friday, October 24th from 9:00am – 4:00pm in Classroom 1425.
Please Note: This is a 2-day (non-consecutive) Training Session. You must attend both full days for a certificate.
Nicola Wright, Ph.D. C.Psych*; Diane Hoffman-Lacombe, M.Ps., C.Psych.; Raphaela Fleisher, MSW RSW; Dylan Myllymaki, MSW, RSW; Sandra Jacquens, MSW, RSW; and guest speakers
Co-author Treating Psychosis: Integrating Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy and Mindfulness in the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Tradition by Wright, Turkington, Kelly, Davies, Jacobs, & Hopton with a foreword by Dr. Aaron Beck.
- To enhance knowledge and understanding about CBTp;
- To enhance client empowerment and meaning-making through a strengths-based approach to CBTp;
- To develop an understanding of a respectful, collaborative, compassion-focused approach to the principles underlying CBTp;
- To develop knowledge and skills to apply CBTp strategies.
This interactive experiential training series is intended to increase knowledge and skills in CBT for psychosis. Active participation within the training sessions including role-plays and experiential/practice exercises is encouraged. CBT for psychosis readings are encouraged to enhance understanding and application of skills. Feedback around between-session application of knowledge and skills will be requested. It is expected that participants will miss no more than ¼ day. Part 2 of this workshop will be offered in spring 2015. Participants will be offered 1 hour of consultation twice a month by phone or in person prior to the commencement of Part 2.
Target Audience: Mental health practitioners who work with people who experience psychosis.
Registration and Fees:
- Community Mental Health Professionals: $200 (Register HERE)
- Students: $90 (Register HERE)
- Charitable Organizations for those with lived experience of Psychosis, Peer Support Workers, and the Royal’s Client Empowerment and Family Council Members: 3ppl X Pro bono (Register HERE)
For more information please contact Amy Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-722-6521 ext. 6570.