Two full-time (35 hours per week) contract positions to cover Leave of Absence:
- (Youth Services – anticipated January 2017 to September 2017)
- (Adult Services – anticipated January 2017 to Dec 2017 with potential for extension)
Application deadline: December 19, 2016
Base office: Bracebridge
Purpose of the Position(s):
The Addiction Counsellor provides a range of community addiction treatment services to individuals (youth/adult) experiencing and/or impacted by substance use and/or gambling to aid understanding of the effects of substance use/gambling and co-occurring mental health issues, while supporting positive change and enhanced coping, improved health status and skill development in all life domains. Case management services are provided where appropriate. The role will also encompass community-based capacity building and stigma reduction through community education, development and liaison. Service delivery occurs in a range of office and/or community settings.
Requirements of the position:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health, Social Sciences, Social Work preferred (College program with primary addiction focus will be considered)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience providing assessment and intervention related to addictions/concurrent disorders
- Registration, membership or application for membership to a College appropriate to your discipline
- Broad knowledge of: addiction interventions and explanatory theories, evidence – based and best practice intervention approaches to addiction, child/youth development, social determinants of health, mental illness, community resources to support individuals and families
- Experience providing addiction related services to individuals, families and groups through effectively responding to the needs of individuals in varying stages of change
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment in a rural setting
- A willingness to serve consumers within the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound
- A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe and reliable means of transportation
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook Calendaring and consumer information systems
Salary scale: $27.01-$35.16 per hour (Bachelors level scale)
Note: In an effort to provide staff with professional development opportunities within the organization, we will be permitting permanent employees to apply for contract positions with the guarantee that their permanent role will be held for them to return to at the end of the contract. Permanent staff will retain all benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, HOOPP, vacation) while in the contract positions for the duration of the contract. However, we will only consider 2 backfills (domino effect) internally of permanent staff. After these 2 internal backfills, recruitment will be from a pool of non-permanent contract staff or external candidates.
You are invited to submit your application by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec 19, 2016, to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone (705) 645-2262
Fax (705) 645-7473
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants, but applicants whose resume do not provide evidence of having the qualifications listed above will not be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our Accessibility policy and commitment, if you are wishing to have this information in a different format, please contact the Manager of HR and Admin or email email@example.com or call 705-645-2262.