Application Deadline: August 25, 2014
The Executive Assistant performs a senior administrative role within CMHA. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. This position is also responsible for administrative support for the Community Education and Training Program.
The Executive Assistant provides overall operational support to the Chief Executive Officer and co-ordinates all communication and takes action as required. The incumbent composes and drafts correspondence and special reports in a timely manner, maintains the agency’s accountability calendars and prioritizes deadlines. The Executive Assistant supports the CEO’s fundraising strategies and oversees the agency’s communication tools via web, print, and social media.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Board of Directors including the organization of board meetings, the preparation and timely distribution of agendas, background materials and meeting minutes. The incumbent co-ordinates the Annual General Meeting and ensures provision of administrative support to the Board Chair. This position is responsible for the registration of the Community Education and Training Program, and co-ordinates all logistics and collates evaluation materials for analysis.
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
This position reports to and is supervised by the CEO.
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Administration) or a diploma or certificate in administration/business or executive secretary program, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years experience in a variety of administrative roles at least two years of which have been at a senior level where there has been regular exposure to the public.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills including database, web and Windows Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team, management, board of directors and stakeholders.
- Work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Ability to travel to various satellite offices throughout York Region and South Simcoe as required.
- A second language reflecting the local community is preferred.
- Office work with travel expected across region. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
Submit cover letter and resume, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, to the Human Resources Department by August 25, 2014 quoting Competition # 201417.
Online: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, complete application form under CAREERS section.
Mail: CMHA York Region
15150 Yonge Street, Unit 201
Aurora, ON L4G 1M2
Fax: (905) 841-6062
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at 1-866-345-0183, ext. 2203 or by email to email@example.com.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.