Application deadline: January 14, 2013
THE CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION, ELGIN BRANCH is looking for an individual to provide client-centred, community-based Intensive Case Management services to individuals with serious mental illness living in Elgin County. The position will include individualized assessment and planning, direct treatment, monitoring and support, systems advocacy and resource co-ordination.
- support mental health consumers involved in the Intensive Case Management program;
- advocate for, establish, and assist in maintaining appropriate community linkages for consumers;
- conduct functional, clinical, and needs assessments;
- follow program support guidelines, working collaboratively to develop and implement individualized
client care plans.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must possess:
- a university degree, preferably in the area of nursing, social work, or occupational therapy;
- demonstrated knowledge and skills in clinical assessment, functional assessment, service planning,
relapse prevention, and client advocacy;
- a broad knowledge of, and practice in, evidence-based treatment approaches to working with
individuals with serious mental illness;
- competence in relevant computer applications, particularly the Microsoft Office suite and Outlook;
- current First Aid / CPR certification;
- a valid Class G or equivalent Ontario Driver’s Licence without restrictions;
- means of transportation;
- OPCF6a rider on vehicle insurance, or willingness to obtain; and
- a satisfactory criminal record check.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- registration with a college or professional body associated with their discipline;
- individuals with a Masters level degree in a relevant discipline;
- two or more years of experience in the mental health field;
- experience working with individuals with addictions and/or concurrent or co-occurring disorders;
- knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Compensation: $45,198 – $50,197.88
Please forward a resume quoting Job #2014-001ICM by 14 January 2014 to:
Human Resources Department