Are you working in a community mental health and addiction agency and looking to gain practical experience implementing a quality improvement project? Has there been an issue impacting the quality of care provided to clients of your service or program that you have been struggling to address?
If so, the coaching support from the Excellence through Quality Improvement Project (E-QIP), provides a great opportunity for you and your team to tackle a quality issue impacting clients and their family members accessing your services, programs and supports.
E-QIP is currently accepting applications from community-based programs and services looking to improve a quality issue of their choice. Priority will be given to projects addressing the following areas:
- Projects that seek to improve timely access to services,
- Projects that seek to understand and/or improve the client experience,
- Projects that seek to align with HQO’s major depression, schizophrenia or opioid treatment standards or take on the standards locally,
- Projects that seek to increase the use of client goal plans and/or improve client outcomes.
Agencies accepted for coaching support will:
- Receive a step-by-step guide to implement a QI project beginning in September 2018
- Participate in three, all-day learning sessions regarding the role of an executive sponsor, diagnostic tools and change ideas/Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles
- Receive continued coaching support to ensure your QI project is a success
- Be encouraged to leverage lessons learned for future, self-driven QI initiatives
- Share their QI project journey with others that may benefit
To apply for QI and data coaching support, please complete a coaching application form and a QI readiness assessment for your organization. The application package is available online.
Please send your E-QIP coaching application and QI readiness assessment to
firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2018.
For more information on E-QIP and the application process, watch our webinar.