Take the Enabling Minds survey at www.enablingminds.ca.
Your responses to the Enabling Minds survey will help us understand the issues that create barriers and prevent access to physical activity programs and services at community centres, private fitness clubs, health care providers, public parks, schools, sports clubs, and other organizations. We want to hear from:
- Individuals with lived experience of mental illness
- Caregivers, friends and family members of people experiencing mental health issues
- Individuals and organizations that provide sport, fitness or recreation services in Ontario (including employers and managers, fitness instructors, occupational therapists, frontline staff, membership coordinators, and marketing and communications staff)
- Volunteers in the sport, fitness and recreation sector
- Consumer/survivor initiatives and self-help groups
- Peer supporters
- Mental health service providers
- Researchers with an interest in physical activity and mental health
- Community organizations providing supports or services for people with mental health-related disabilities
- Anyone who can help us understand barriers and identify solutions
The survey will take about 20 to 25 minutes to complete. You may pause at any time, save your answers, and return later to finish the survey. Responses are completely anonymous.
If you have any questions about the survey or require assistance in completing it, please contact:
Mary Catherine Mehak
Enabling Minds Project Coordinator
About The Enabling Minds Project
The goal of Enabling Minds is to reduce barriers for people with mental health-related disabilities to participate in physical activity programs offered by recreation and fitness organizations. The Enabling Minds project will develop tools and training resources to support organizations in the physical activity sector to meet the requirements of the customer service and information and communication standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.