Fact sheet series presents promising practices for reducing health inequities
The Sudbury & District Health Unit has released ten facts sheets to feature promising practices for reducing social inequities in health. Each fact sheet presents a practice or approach for promoting health equity. The sheets also include examples, define the importance of each practice, and identify needed skills for implementation. Each sheet also lists additional tools and resources for public health practitioners and community partners.
The ten topics addressed in the fact sheets are:
- Targeting With Universalism
- Purposeful Reporting
- Social Marketing
- Health Equity Target Setting
- Equity-Focused Health Impact Assessment
- Competencies/Organizational Standards
- Contribution to Evidence Base
- Early Childhood Development
- Community Engagement
- Intersectoral Action
For more information, visit the Sudbury & District Health Unit website at www.sdhu.com.