Last chance to register: Ottawa event explores links between mental health, equity and anti-racism
Minding Our Bodies and Health Equity and Race Ontario (HERO) are coming to Ottawa! On November 20, 2012, Minding Our Bodies and HERO will host a forum about how equity and anti-racism relate to mental health, physical activity and healthy eating. Anyone who is interested in mental health, equity, physical activity or healthy eating is encouraged to attend!
- Discussion about equity, anti-racism and mental health
- Panel presentation about recovery-focused physical activity and healthy eating programs
- Interactive workshop on using the Health Equity Impact Assessment Tool 2.0
- Spoken word by Greg Frankson (a.k.a. Ritallin)
- Session on mental health self-care for settlement workers, and
- Opportunities to network with organizations serving marginalized communities in the Ottawa area.
The forum will take place at the Taggart Family YMCA-YWCA at 180 Argyle Avenue, Ottawa. Breakfast and lunch are included with a $35 registration fee. Subsidized tickets are available.
For more information about the forum, please visit the Minding Our Bodies website at www.mindingourbodies.ca.
For more information about HERO, including access to their recently published resource guide and literature review on health equity and racialized groups, visit www.healthnexus.ca.