Mood Walks Summit: Call for Presentations
The 2017 Mood Walks Summit (Toronto, February 25-26, 2017) will be an opportunity for 40+ agencies participating in the Mood Walks for Youth in Transition project to come together and share their experiences. This event will include key learnings from the project, storytelling, and learning opportunities for mental health professionals, program leaders, volunteers, project partners and youth participants. The summit will also be an opportunity to exchange knowledge and explore other areas of mental health, nature, physical activity and youth engagement. We expect 200 attendees from across Ontario!
Be a part of the 2017 Mood Walks Summit as a presenter!
- Share your ideas, research, projects, and best practices
- Contribute to an important dialogue on mental health, physical health and nature
- Connect with people from across the province, diverse backgrounds, and organizations
Who can present?
- Youth, volunteers, peer leaders
- Participating agencies and partner organizations
- Policy makers, researchers and other stakeholders
- Mental health professionals in the youth sector
- Individuals from the the environmental sector
- Anyone in a related field with impactful projects or ideas to share
Suggested themes or topics:
- Nature and the outdoors
- Health promotion and active living
- Indigenous culture and inclusion
- Research and policy
- Youth engagement and leadership
- “How-to” training opportunities or workshops
Submission Deadline: 4 pm, Monday, November 7, 2016