CMHA Ontario’s pre-budget submission highlights need for increased investments in mental health and addictions
The pre-budget submission from Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ontario urges the Ontario government to make mental health and addictions a priority during the development of the 2017 provincial budget.
The submission from CMHA Ontario asks the provincial government to support mental health and addictions by:
- Increasing overall funding to manage demand and reduce wait times in the mental health sector
- Investing locally to support Ontarians where they live
- Investing in core mental health and addictions services
- Significantly increasing access to psychotherapy
- Providing greater access to supportive housing to aid recovery
- Investing in a data and performance management strategy
The recommendations made by CMHA Ontario align with the work of the Mental Health and Addictions Leadership Advisory Council, a group of sector experts convened by the province to make recommendations to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care.