New accreditation toolkit for community mental health and addictions organizations
The Ontario Federation of Community Mental Health and Addiction Programs (Federation) and the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division (CMHA Ontario) have partnered to develop a toolkit to assist community mental health and addiction organizations in achieving accreditation. The toolkit provides resources, samples and tools to increase the capacity of the community sector in their accreditation efforts towards.
The resources found in the toolkit were developed from several sources:
- Accreditation Capacity Building Advisory Committee
- Accreditation Canada, CARF Canada and Canadian Centre for Accreditation (formerly Community Organizational Health Inc.)
Tools and resources were also graciously provided by the following organizations:
- Brain Injury Services of Northern Ontario
- Brain Injury Services of Hamilton
- CMHA Durham Branch
- CMHA Kenora Branch
- Riverside Community Counselling Services
- York Support Services Network
The kit covers areas of: Accreditation Organizations; Governance; Leadership and Planning; Financial; Risk Management; Managing Information; Human Resources; and Programs and Services.
For more information go to the CMHA Ontario website at www.ontario.cmha.ca/capacitybuilding.