CMHA Ontario has partnered with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC), Health Nexus and CMHA Toronto to offer a training webinar about Using the Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) Tool in Community Mental Health. The webinar, originally conducted on July 17, 2014, was recorded and can be viewed for free at any time by using the links below. The HEIA Tool was developed by MOHLTC with a goal of reducing avoidable health disparities between different populations in Ontario. The HEIA is a decision support tool that enables users to consider how a program, policy or other initiative will positively or negatively impact on different population groups. By using the tool, organizations can reduce negative impacts that could widen inequities between different population groups.
This webinar offers training in:
- Health equity and what equity means in mental health
- Why HEIA is important for health service delivery, program planning and policy development
- How to conduct an HEIA, with an example from the community mental health sector
Anyone working in the mental health sector, especially the community mental health sector is encouraged to view the webinar.
- Sheela Subramanian, CMHA Ontario
- Nila Sinnatamby, MOHLTC
- Andrea Bodkin, Health Nexus
- Alexandra Lamoureux, CMHA Toronto
The webinar, slides and other supplementary materials can be accessed on the CMHA Ontario website.