Using Ontario’s Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) Tool in Community Mental Health
For more information about the tool, visit the MOHLTC HEIA website.
This webinar offers training in:
- Health equity and what equity means in mental health
- Why HEIA is important for health service delivery, program planning and policy development
- How to conduct an HEIA, with an example from the community mental health sector
Anyone working in the mental health sector, especially the community mental health sector is encouraged to participate.
- Sheela Subramanian, CMHA Ontario
- Nila Sinnatamby, MOHLTC
- Andrea Bodkin, Health Nexus
- Alexandra Lamoureux, CMHA Toronto
The webinar can be viewed below:
Use the links below to view specific sections of the webinar.
Webinar Part 1: Introduction and Background
- Welcome and introductions (0:00)
- Today’s goals and agenda (2:18)
- What is health equity? (4:16)
- Understanding equity in mental health (13:48)
Webinar Part 2: How to use the HEIA Tool in Community Mental Health
- About Health Equity Impact Assessments (HEIA) (26:48)
- How to use the MOHLTC HEIA: The 5 steps (32:41)
- Case Study: CMHA Toronto’s Smoke Stoppers program (52:00)
- Final Tips: Adding a Mental Health Lens & Ensuring Success (1:06:35)
- Participant Q & A (1:14:45)
Supplementary materials are also available:
For more information, please contact Sheela Subramanian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 977-5580 x4157.