(Full-Time Contract until December 31, 2018)
Colleges Ontario, the Council of Ontario Universities, the College Student Alliance and the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance in partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario has developed a provincial hub to support existing and new initiatives that address the mental health needs of postsecondary students.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health (CICMH) Team. Reporting to the Director, CICMH, this position will be located in Toronto and will work closely post-secondary institutions across Ontario. The Stakeholder and Communications Coordinator will support the Centre’s strategic directions, by utilizing their extensive engagement, networking, communications and event management skills. The Coordinator will work directly with post-secondary institutions and other agencies in the mental health and addictions sector to foster collaboration and develop strategic partnerships by leveraging communications tools, including CICMH’s website, newsletter and webinars. Additionally, this position will support traditional communications platforms and is expected to understand and implement communication principles to achieve organizational goals. The Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Coordinator will work with the CICMH team to identify and engage local champions and track system issues and outcomes with cross-sector representatives. They will also support the coordination of any required promotional, educational and event management needs.
- Creating and executing strategies to share relevant information and ideas and promote the work of the Centre
- Contributing innovative ideas and content for various collateral materials (web, print, multimedia and other promotional materials).
- Partnering with post-secondary institutions and other key stakeholders to foster membership engagement, knowledge exchange activities and relationship building across campuses
- Implementing focused engagement strategies at local, regional and provincial levels.
- Working closely with partners to identify and foster system change projects at the local, regional and provincial level.
- Managing all aspects of the communication tools with a focus on enhancing and improving the impact, influence and reach among internal and external audiences.
- Working with a wide range of media, including online content management systems, graphics and images, audio/video streaming and webinars.
- Event management related support including training opportunities, forums and conferences.
- Collaborating with key partners including but not limited to post-secondary institutions and their member organizations.
Skill Based Competencies:
- Strong communications skills and ability to execute strategies in a clear, digestible manner utilizing a wide range of formats.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and networks.
- University degree in a relevant field. Three to five years working in an engagement and communications environment with experience managing, writing and editing content for various communications and digital platforms.
- Experience working in multi-sectoral partnerships and liaising with post-secondary institutions or non-governmental organizations and government agencies an asset.
- Experience in graphic design, web design and social media an asset.
- Familiarity with key concepts of mental health promotion, health equity and social determinants of health an asset.
- Experience managing projects and managing multiple tasks within established timelines in a team environment required.
- Travel within Ontario will be required.
Please submit your resume to:
Director, Corporate Resources
Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 2301
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 977-2813
We welcome and encourage applications from all individuals with relevant experience, people with disabilities, including people with lived experience of mental health and addictions issues and family members. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.