The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ontario Division is seeking proposals from qualified individuals/organizations to carry out a series of special projects related to community-based mental health and addiction programs. Specifically, we are seeking qualified individuals/firms to provide special project management on projects involving (1) curriculum development, (2) event management, (3) resources development, and (4) stakeholder engagement.
This RFP is meant to provide a fair evaluation for all candidates and to provide candidates with the evaluation criteria against which their proposal will be evaluated.
The proposal should not exceed ten pages and should include an appendix (not included in the 10 pages) with resume(s) that outlines relevant qualifications and professional experiences. The proposal should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- A cover letter outlining:
- Your personal or organizational qualifications for this contract
- Indicate which of the special projects you are proposing to support
- City and country in which consultant(s) is/are based
- Names of staff to be assigned to this project (copy of resume(s) in an Appendix)
- Summary of proposed budget
- A work plan draft that presents proposed stages and deliverables
- A description of your experience in special project management in areas of one of all: (1) curriculum development; (2) events management; (3) resource development; and/or (4) stakeholder engagement.
- A description of any related special projects you have managed
- A description on how Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility (EDIA) will be considered in your work
- A proposed budget in Canadian funds for the scope of work for this project as detailed in this request for proposals, in addition to an estimation of the number of hours required to complete the project
- (optional) Consultants’ proven track record/examples of prior work similar in scope and context
If selected, you will also need to provide:
- Two references (including agency or business name of client, contact person, email address, and telephone number)
- Detailed workplan, including implementation timelines (developed with CMHA Ontario)
- Risk/mitigation framework (developed with CMHA Ontario)
The proposal must contain the signature of either (1) the individual or (2) an authorized representative of the organization submitting the proposal.
Timeline of RFP Events
CMHA Ontario has established the following approximate timeframes for the RFP process for of special project delivery (ending June 2023):
- RFP Issue Date: Monday November 21st, 2022
- Selection Progress Begins: Wednesday December 3rd, 2022 (will continued until filled)
- Commencement of Project: January 2023
- End of Project: June 2023
Proposals will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, with reviews starting on Wednesday December 7th, 2022. The proposal should be emailed to Becky Laufer, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Special Project Management RFP – Last Name/Organization Name.”
All inquiries regarding this RFP, including requests for information, questions, and clarifications, must be provided in writing only, via email, to Kevin McGregor at email@example.com.