Are you, or someone you know, 16 to 29 years old with a history of mental illness or addictions? Have you wondered about starting up your own business but lack the practical tools, business knowledge or start-up funding to give it a go?
RISE can help. The RISE program helps qualified participants to transform business ideas into realistic business plans. It does so by offering:
- Creative and interactive training for business idea development. Rise works in collaboration with the Rotman School of Management’s Designworks.
- Training and support to develop a concrete business plan.
- Personalized guidance for each participant to meet individual needs and ensure success
- A certificate of completion.
- 5. Eligibility to apply for low interest rate business loans.
All participants who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply for a RISE loan (up to $25,000 with initial loans ranging from $3,000 to $5,000.)
The program runs from February to the end of April in the evenings; sessions are held at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto.
Deadline for applications to this FREE program is January 16, 2013, so don’t delay!