As we noted in our lead article about Mental Health Works, the Mental Health Commission of Canada presented its 5th Anniversary National Mental Health Awards on October 16, 2012.
The winners in the other categories include:
- Community Capacity: Capital District Mental Health Program, in Halifax, Nova Scotia for the Consumer, Family and Provider Initiative
- Community Capacity: L’Abri en Ville in Montreal, Quebec for The Restorative Power of Community
- Partnership: Partner organizations of the Durham TAMI Coalition for Durham Talking About Mental Illness Coalition
- Research: Schizophrenia Society of Canada in Winnipeg, Manitoba for the Cannabis and Psychosis: Exploring the Link project
- Social Innovation: Distance Mental Health Services in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Congratulations to all the winners for their outstanding work, and to all those who received Honourable Mentions!