The 24-hour Train-the-Trainer (TTT) workshop certifies in-house firefighters to become Peer Instructors. Peer Instructors will facilitate the Resilient MindsTM 8-hour course to their fire department and/or region for no additional licensing fee. The only additional cost is the purchase of participant workbooks ($20 per participants).
The Train-the-Trainer includes:
- Comprehensive overview of the latest literature on psychological injury, stress, trauma, and resilience
- Trauma-informed curriculum and toolkit to recognize early signs of psychological stress in self, peers, and citizens and how to promptly and appropriately respond and resource
- Interactive Instructor Manual with over 50 different group activities to choose from and robust resources customized for fire fighters
- Scheduled presentation practice followed by a formal assessment for certification
- Facilitation by two subject-matter expert Master Trainers with ongoing mentorship and support from CMHA and the Resilient MindsTM team
Online version: Online Train-the-Trainer (TTT) workshops are delivered through four days (6 hours each day). The schedule consists of three consecutive days of training with a day in between for participants to practice their material before reconvening on the last day. To see available dates or to ask questions please click here.
In person version: Online Train-the-Trainer (TTT) workshops are generally scheduled on demand and are delivered three full days in a row. If you’re interested in hosting a TTT in person training for your Fire Department or your region, please connect with us at: email@example.com.
Take a look at what other firefighters say about their experience with Resilient Minds:
What fire chiefs are saying about our program:
“As leaders, we must do all that we can to provide training and tools for all of our staff when it comes to mental health and potential stress related injuries. We talk about how important prevention and education is when it comes to reducing the impact of fires, but it is equally, if not more important, when protecting our fire fighters, dispatchers, investigators, and chief officers. The Resilient Minds program lays a foundation of education and awareness for our department – we talk more openly and look out for each other.”
– Fire Chief Karen Fry, Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services, BC
Due to high demand, all dates are filled on a first come, first serve basis and the class sizes are capped at 16 participants. Please click the link to fill out an application form.
If you have any questions or need support for your Train-the-Trainer registration, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.