Addictions and Mental Health Ontario invites mental health researchers, policy-makers and service providers the opportunity to share valuable information with the mental health sector by presenting at the 2014 Annual Addictions and Mental Health conference. The conference, which will be held from May 25-27, 2014 in Toronto for more than 300 delegates, aims to deliver on a wide range of issues affecting the sector, including evidence-based practices, policy and advocacy issues, new developments in service provision, justice and mental health, concurrent disorders, and more.
Interested presenters are invited to submit a 300-word abstract proposal for review by the committee by Friday, January 10, 2014. Submission guidelines and presentation formats are detailed below.
For more information, please contact Janis Cramp at email@example.com
Presentations will be 90-minute sessions which allow for knowledge transfer, interaction and discussion. Proposals consist of a 300-word abstract that MUST include all of the following sections:
- Session Title (please be as concise as possible)
- Objectives/intended outcomes for participants (outline what practical learning strategies attendees will be able to utilize in their workplace)
- Detailed description of planned participant involvement
- Identify what level of skills your workshop is directed towards:
- Entry-Level Skills (suitable for learners with basic knowledge and skills)
- Intermediate Skills (suitable for learners with some degree of skill or competence)
- Advanced Skills (suitable for learners further along in progress, complexity, knowledge and skill)
- Presentation Description – 50-word description of presentation which will be used in all conference advertising material
- Presenter(s) biography including title/position, organization (25-word maximum per presenter)
- List of previous experience presenting at conferences.
- Contact details (be sure to include your email address)
- Audio-visual needs (a/v equipment must be ordered in advance)
- Preferred format of the session (panel, round table, paper presentation, etc.)
- Submissions that do not include all the information required in the format requested will not be reviewed.
- Unless otherwise indicated in your submission, all presentations will be posted to the Addictions and Mental Health Ontario website.
- Although not required to register for our conference, workshop presenters do receive a discount on conference registration fees as follows:
- One presenter – 50%
- Two presenters – 25%
- Three or more presenters – 15%
All proposals must be received by FRIDAY, JANUARY 10TH, 2014:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-866-295-6394.
For further information please contact Janis Cramp at email@example.com by phone at 1-800-965-3307.
We regret that not all proposals will be accepted due to space limitations. Workshops will be selected to ensure a comprehensive and dynamic program.
On behalf of Addictions and Mental Health Ontario thank you for your interest in our Annual Conference.