Approximately 1 in 5 children and youth in Ontario has a mental health challenge. About 70% of mental health challenges have their onset in childhood or youth. That’s why early identification and intervention is so critical and can lead to improved achievement in school and better health outcomes in life.
Read more about Child and Youth Mental Health: Signs and Symptoms.
Find more information about child and youth mental health issues and services in Ontario:
- Addiction Services
- Eating Disorders
- Family and Caregiver Support
- Gender-Diverse and Sexual-Minority Youth
- Indigenous Children and Youth
- Justice and Youth Mental Health
- Legal Issues
- Loss and Grief
- Mental Health Resources in Schools
- Residential Treatment
- Substance Abuse
- Transitioning from Youth to Adult Mental Health Services