Registration is now open for “Body Equity: Self Esteem in the Balance,” a body image and self-esteem conference in Toronto on April 16-17, 2015, hosted by the National Eating Disorder Information Centre. The conference will feature keynotes and workshops by:
• Dr. Gail McVey: Leading Canadian Researcher in the field of eating disorder prevention.
• Dr. Catherine Steiner-Adair: Leading expert in child development and family relationships
• Dr. Linda Bacon: Internationally recognized authority on weight and health.
• Dr. Elizabeth Meyer: Author and expert on gender, bullying & harassment and sexual diversity
• Kathy Kater: Internationally known author, speaker, consultant and psychotherapist
specializing in the treatment and prevention of body image, eating and weight-related concerns.
Lisa Naylor is a counsellor and group facilitator in the Provincial Eating Disorder Prevention and Recovery Program at Women’s Health Clinic in Winnipeg. She also blogger who has written about the conference. Read her blog entry.