The fifth annual Bell Let’s Talk Day is coming up so get ready to break the silence around mental illness and support mental health across Canada. Each year, Bell hosts its annual campaign and this edition features celebrities such as Cara Hughes, Howie Mandel and Michael Landsberg who will encourage Canadians to talk about mental health and help end the stigma that surrounds it. The campaign also helps to fund new mental health care, research and workplace initiatives. On January 28, 2015 you can join the conversation and drive Bell’s donations to mental health by talking, texting, tweeting and sharing on Facebook. This year’s the campaign focuses on 5 simple ways to end the stigma around mental illness:
- Language matters – pay attention to the words you use about mental illness
- Educate yourself – learn, know and talk more, understand the signs
- Be kind – small acts of kindness speak a lot
- Listen and ask – sometimes it’s best to just listen
- Talk about it – start a dialogue, break the silence
To learn more about the campaign, and to download the Bell Let’s Talk toolkit to help get the conversation started, please visit the Bell Let’s Talk website.