The new Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital will open on Dec. 13 and is expected to provide expanded health care services and an improved patient experience. The new facility is three times the size of the existing Oakville hospital it will replace. Ontario is investing up to $2.27 billion in this project.
The new hospital will provide a range of benefits including:
- Up to 457 inpatient beds ready on opening day (an increase of 135 beds from the current hospital).
- A full range of health services (including maternal and child care, critical care, emergency care, surgery, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, diagnostics, ambulatory care and a variety of support services).
- Adults, adolescents and children Inpatient and outpatient mental health services.
- Enhanced patient privacy and infection-prevention measures (including 80 percent single-patient rooms).
- Patient-centred enhancements (oversized windows, patient-controlled lighting and temperature, room service food delivery, and patient rooms with a pull-out)
- Calm, quiet indoor and outdoor spaces.
For more information, please visit the Ontario government website.